Sunday, March 30, 2014

Head Cold Fix

The common head cold is never a welcome visitor and mine arrived late last night.  I can't spare the time nor energy to not feel well this coming week and the resulting cough usually lingers for months.  I'm just NOT interested, so I went researching old world remedies.  Combining a few different ideas, I concocted my own elixir and can't believe how much better I felt after only 15 minutes. 

Naturally Me's Head Cold Cure:
Fresh ginger, grated, 1/4 cup-ish
64 oz. almost boiled water (more if this is too strong)
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
Juice of a lime
Stevia glycerite or sweetener of choice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Steep ginger in hot water for at least 15 minutes, strain and add the rest.  Drink it warm or add ice.    It's very Bloody-Mary like, if its too strong just add more water - but drink it all to move those toxins right out of the body.  My ears are draining while I write this, I feel incredibly good suddenly and I choose to not be sick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment