Monday, April 14, 2014

Low-Carb Luxury

There's a diet revolution happening and I'm excited to be a part of it.  I'm a firm believer that low-carb not only helps a person lose weight, but it also increases brain function.  Like many adults, I was labeled ADHD and took meds to help gain and maintain focus.  Once I started low-carbing, my focus drastically improved and it turned out to be a wheat allergy.

Wheat has been genetically modified over the past few decades with the scientific focus on farming, NOT on how it harmed humans.  If you don't know about GMOs, do some research - it is eye opening and likely the root to many of your ill-health symptoms.

Not all low-carbers give up wheat, but I highly recommend it.  Today, almond flour and coconut flour are easy substitutions for white flour and wheat and allow us to make the breads and desserts we love.   Going low-carb is a smart decision and recent research confirms that it is what our bodies crave.

No comments:

Post a Comment