Saturday, April 5, 2014

Eggs = Energy!

Eggs are a staple for adding essential vitamins and minerals to a low-carb diet.  Eggs are an easy breakfast in many varieties.  Eggs can benefit weight management and brain function, for about 70 calories each.  Breakfast eggs, egg drop soup, boiled eggs with horseradish, egg salad, custards and my favorite bread substitute.  The bread has an angel food texture and is more suited to visually satisfy rather than mouth texture.  Beat 6 egg whites until meringue stiff peaks are obtained, slowly add 1/2 c protein powder, pinch of salt, a dash of olive oil and any seasons you desire.  I leave mine basic as descriped above so I can either toast it for breakfast, or use as a vessel for olive oil and salt & pepper.  Bake in a medium sized bread pan for about 30 minutes at 350.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I don't eat very many eggs. It's not that I dislike them, I just don't particularly like them much, but I know they're good for protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love eggs and it's one of my main protein sources :)

    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete