Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tomorrow

It's ironic to write this post after asking for your advice on relaxation tips.  But part of my early issues with anxiety was being in a constant state of worry.  I'm proud to say that once I realized that worrying didn't change the outcome of the worry - I learned to stop.  It took some work, some deep thought, a lot of books and practicing the self-help techniques.  I'm proud to say it worked - worrying is something I can control.  I used to nearly wish my life away, worrying about the future and never enjoying today.  I'm now able to be in the moment, right now, and deal with things as they happen.  I think that's called living.

Worrying didn't change anything and only made me feel worse.  The truth is - whatever is going to happen - will happen - whether we worry about it or not.  So worrying is of no relevance and holds no value.  So, I stopped and it wasn't all that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment