Thursday, April 24, 2014

Unused

In my quest to simplify my life, I decided to clean house.  De-clutter.  Un-hoard.  It is amazing how much 'stuff' we amass over the years - whether intentional or un.  I started with cleaning out a drawer and ended with a month's worth of closet, basement, cabinet and clothes pitching.  Once complete, it felt like a giant weight off my shoulders.

The rule of thumb on de-cluttering is if you haven't worn or used an item in over a year - you don't need it.  Get rid of it - donate it to someone who will use it.  If the item has value, sell it and spend that windfall on something special.

People don't really understand my excitement when I explain how good it feels to accomplish a de-clutter until they experience it for themselves.  If it's an intimidating, huge task in front of you - start small and you'll see what I mean.  That feeling of even a small accomplishment like a drawer or cabinet, will get you through the rest.  It feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment